Yes, if the lumber is D.Fir-L or Hem-Fir grown in the United States and stamped with an American Lumber Standards Committee Accredited Agency grade stamp ( as CSA-O86 provides this equivalency.  For all other imported lumber, the homeowner or builder must consult with a structural engineer to determine design values for the lumber and then each piece must be inspected by a CLSAB Accredited Agency ( to ensure the material meets the required NLGA grade.